Real Estate Office Productivity TipsJeff Love
Productivity is a three-pronged principle encompass of luck, activity and efficiency. Whilst the former cannot be influenced, the latter two can, especially when looking for real estate office solutions. TelKee Lockable Cabinets has put together some productivity tips to ensure that real estate agents are able to better manage their time and efforts in order to focus on the tasks that bring in returns.
The Importance of Prospecting
It’s important to take time to plan out your business/project/task as it leads to market development. Taking 20% of your weekly hours, and making it first priority at the start of the week/day is a good rule of thumb. For instance, cold calls are important task for a real estate agent and should be given first priority.
Objective Oriented over Time
Choose to set statistical goals as opposed to timely deadlines to mark a task completion. For instance, set goals of making an X number of cold calls over making 2 hours worth of cold calls – setting a number of achievable targets is a better strategy for higher ROI.
With a business plan you are able to take actionable measures to meet your objectives and targets. Make it detailed and goal oriented with numbers allows you to work towards an achievable target.
One key and well known fact to productivity is to cut down in distractions to focus on the tasks and targets in hand. Here are some tips by Market Leader;
- Close the door to your home office.
- Working on something on the computer? Use the full screen option until you’re done.
- Have a to-do list. In writing. You can use a program like Evernote, or you can just keep a notebook. Do what works for you.
- Prioritize each task with an A, B or C. The A’s get done first. And they can’t all be A’s! If you divide your tasks into A’s, B’s and C’s, it will force you to prioritize.
- Check email at set times during the day. For example, not before noon!
- Use a time management program like Yast. Don’t use too many different productivity tools. If you try to use too many, you will not use any of them well.
- Don’t sit at a desk next to another real estate agentt at your office. You can’t sell to each other!
Mastering the Art of Delegation
It’s important to be able to delegate work that can be done by someone else (an assistant or support staff) in order for you to be able to put your focus on more critical items. However in order to do so, you need to be able to plan ahead and also follow up on those delegated tasks for better management. It’s also easier for your assistant or support staff to manage the work as it betters with the aid of proper office solutions such as lockable key cabinets, filing cabinets and storage cabinets that are available through TelKee Lockable Cabinets.