How To Choose The Right Size Key Cabinet For Your BusinessKate Ohlsen
A key cabinet is a great way to organize and store your business keys. Not only does it keep your office looking neat and tidy, but it also ensures that your keys are safe and secure. With so many different sizes and styles of key cabinets on the market, how do you know which one is right for your business?
The different types of key cabinets and what each is best suited for
There are many different types of key cabinets available at Telkee Key Cabinets, from small key cabinets to large ones that can hold hundreds of individual keys or large bunches of keys. The size and capacity you need will depend on the number of keys you have to store.
- Small key cabinets are perfect for businesses with a limited number of keys, such as a small office or retail store. These cabinets typically hold between 20 and 60 keys, and they are often wall-mounted to save space.
- Medium-sized key cabinets are ideal for businesses that have more keys to store. These cabinets can hold up to 250 keys, and they usually come with additional features like key tags and key hooks.
- Large key cabinets are perfect for businesses that have a large number of keys or bulky large bunches of keys that take up more storage space, such as car yards, mine sites, large corporate buildings and hospitals. These cabinets can hold thousands of keys, and they often come with features like key control systems and key tracking.
- Hanging Suspension file panels are perfect for those that have existing filing cabinet storage and want to hang the keys inside your existing cabinet. This is a good option for businesses that need to store a lot of keys in a small space, or do not have the ability to hang a key cabinet on an office wall.
When choosing a key cabinet, it is important to consider the number of keys you have to store. Telkee Key Cabinets come in a variety of sizes, so you will need to find one that is big enough to hold all of your keys today AND in the future. Plan for your needs into the future as a key cabinet will last many years. Additionally, you should consider the features that are important to you. All Telkee key cabinets come as a complete Key Management System, complete with numbered plastic key tags, perforated numbers that slot in behind each key hook, and indexing systems to keep track of which key belongs to what lock. Finally our cabinets include a system for checking out keys and maintaining control of who has each key.
Key safes and cabinets are an essential part of any business. They help keep track of keys and ensure that they are always stored safely. By taking the time to choose the right key cabinet for your business, you can keep your keys organized and secure.
How to measure your space to find the right cabinet size
It is important that you measure your space before you purchase a key cabinet. You need to make sure that the cabinet will fit in the space that you have available. To do this, you will need to measure the width, depth, and height of the area where you plan to install it. Once you have these measurements, you can start looking at suitable options.
Key cabinet features to look for when making your purchase
These key safes come with many features, depending on the model, that can be very beneficial for your business. For example, standard key cabinets come with a cam lock and 2 keys. If you require something more secure, you can upgrade it to a keyless entry type; either with a mechanical key pad or three-digit combo lock. There are also cabinets that come with a mechanical keypad keyless entry system along with a manager override lock for added security.
Telkee key cabinets come with standard plastic key tags which are numbered sequentially according to the number of hooks on the cabinet. If you prefer to have your own numbering or labelling system, this is also possible, at an extra charge.
Warranty is another feature that you should check for before you buy a key cabinet. Your key cabinet and its mechanical functions should last a long time for the investment you are making; hence you should ensure that you get a proper warranty for the product. At Telkee, we offer 5 years’ warranty on all our cabinets, so you know that we will always back you up if something goes wrong.
Key cabinets vary in price depending on the size and features of the cabinet. It is important to find a key cabinet that fits your budget and meets the needs of your business. With so many options available, you are sure to find the perfect key cabinet for your business.
Installation tips and advice
Installing your key safe or cabinet is an important part of keeping your business secure. Here are some tips to help you install it correctly:
- Choose a location for your key safe that is out of sight and out of reach. This will deter thieves from trying to break into the key safe.
- Make sure the location you choose is well lit. This will make it harder for criminals to tamper with the key safe without being seen.
- Install the key safe high up on a wall. This will make it more difficult for criminals to access the keys inside.
- Use tamper proof screws to secure the cabinet to its mounting surface. This will make it difficult for criminals to physically remove it from its location.
By following these tips, you can choose the best location for your key safe and deter criminals from trying to break into it. By doing so, you can protect your business from theft and keep your employees and valuable assets safe.
How to use and organize your key cabinet for optimal efficiency
When using these key management systems, it is important to be aware of a few things in order to make the most out of your system and keep it as organized and efficient as possible.
- It is important to always know where your keys are. This might seem like an obvious statement, but often people will put their keys down without thinking and then can’t remember where they left them. By having a designated place for your keys, you can ensure that you always know where they are.
- Be sure to label your keys! This will save you time and energy in the long run when trying to find the right key for the right door. The ideal way to label keys is by using plastic key tags with either numbering or customised prints.
- Keep a spare set of keys! You never know when you might lose your keys or when someone might need to use them. By having a spare set, you can avoid any potential headaches.
Telkee Key Cabinets offer a wide selection of key safes suitable for any office environment; from small businesses to large corporations. We offer keyless, digital and combination key cabinets to ensure that your keys are safe and secure.
For more information on choosing the right size key cabinet for your business, contact Telkee today! Our team of experts would be more than happy to assist you in finding the perfect solution for your needs!