Pros and Cons For Combination Keypads Vs. Key LocksKate Ohlsen
When it comes to security, there is no room for compromise. You need to make sure that your business is as safe as possible, and this includes the security of your key cabinets. There are two main types of locks that you can use on a key cabinet; combination keypads and key locks. Both have their own set of pros and cons, which we will discuss in this blog post. So, which one is right for you? Let’s take a look!
These locks are becoming increasingly popular, as they offer a high level of security. In order to open the lock, you need to know the correct code. This means that only people who have been given the code can access the key cabinet. The downside of these locks is that if someone does manage to guess the code, they will have full access to the key cabinet.
There are many benefits to combination keypads, such as:
- They are much more secure than key locks: These locks can only be opened if the correct code is entered, so it is much harder for unauthorized people to access the key cabinet.
- They are easy to use: All you need to do is enter the code and the lock will open.
- They are easy to change: If you want to change the code, you can do so without having to replace the entire lock.
There are also some disadvantages to combination keypads, such as:
- Codes can be guessed: If someone knows that you have a key cabinet, they may try to guess the code in order to gain access.
- They require batteries: In order for the keypad to work, it needs batteries. This means that if the batteries die, you may not be able to open the safe.
These are the more traditional type of lock, and they work by using a physical key. This means that you need to keep track of who has a copy of the key, as anyone with a copy will be able to access the key cabinet.
Pros of using key cabinets with key locks include:
- They are often seen as more reliable, as there is no risk of the code being changed or forgotten.
Cons of using key cabinets with key locks include:
- You need to keep track of who has a copy of the key, which can be difficult in a large organization.
- If you lose the key, you may need to replace the lock, which can be costly.
Locking systems for key cabinets
Some Telkee key cabinet locks offer keyless entry with a PIN code, but also provide a manager override lock for added security. Here, a manager can remove access to other users if they so need to.
Overall, it is up to you to decide which type of lock is best for your needs. Both have their pros and cons, so it is important to weigh these before making a decision. However, security should always be a top priority when choosing a lock for your key cabinet. This is because the contents of the cabinet are usually very important, and you don’t want anyone to be able to access them without your permission.
If you are looking for a reliable and secure way to store your keys, then a Telkee key cabinet with a combination lock may be the best option for you. These cabinets are designed to keep your keys safe, and they can be placed in a variety of locations. However, if you want more flexibility when it comes to who has access to your keys, then a key lock might be a better choice. Whichever option you choose, make sure that security is always your top priority.
Overall, it is important to weigh the pros and cons of each option before deciding which one is right for you. If security is your top priority, then a key lock is probably the best choice. However, if convenience is more important to you, then a combination keypad might be the way to go. Whichever option you choose, make sure to test it out thoroughly before making a final decision.
Telkee offers a vast range of key cabinets and key safes, from small key cabinets to much larger types that can hold up to 550 keys, with different locking mechanisms to suit your needs; check out our website for more information, or get in touch with one of our friendly customer service agents who will be more than happy to help you out.
Security is always going to be a top priority when it comes to key cabinets. After all, you are storing keys in them, which means that if someone were to break into the cabinet, they would have access to whatever those keys unlock. That is why it is so important to make sure that your key cabinet is properly secured. We offer 5 years’ warranty on all our products, so you can be sure of a high-quality, durable product, every time. Contact Telkee today for the most secure key cabinets in the market!