5S in your Workplace with TelKee Lockable Cabinetstelkee15admin
The 5S methodology is essentially a Japanese discipline that has been proposed for workplace productivity. What 5S will do is to make the workplace more pleasant, improve work efficiency & safety, as well as improve customer satisfaction and more. With TelKee Lockable Cabinets, you are able to easily supplement and facilitate the execution of these disciplines with the aid of the nature and functionality of products offered by TelKee. Be it key cabinets, multipurpose cabinets, Workplace Health & Safety cabinets, or other accessories made available to you, they will be able to bring you one step closer to achieving the desired benefits of a 5S system.
Being a methodology founded by the Japanese, there are few steps involved in 5S, which stand for Seiri (sort), Seiton (straighten/streamline), Seiso (shine), Seiketsu (standardize), Shitsuke (sustain). Each phase is important, and can be valuable practices for productivity and efficiency. They include;
1. Sort: The removal of unnecessary items and proper disposal, as well as making work/tasks easier by the removal of obstacles, removal of clutter, and the evaluation of items dependant on the need, frequency of use and the storage method in place. In terms of lockable cabinets, be it for keys or multi-purpose items, proper storage and security of said items is valuable in the workplace and necessary to put these practices in place.
2. Straighten/Streamline: Involves the location and placement of items in terms of function, clear identification or designation for their placement, as well as easy retrieval of items. Once more, the TelKee lockable cabinets will be helpful due to the accessories that are supplemented along with the cabinets when purchased, which allows for proper identification on the likes of the key hooks and key tags, as well as use of index cards and signature strips for easy retrieval, etcetera.
3. Shine: This involves keeping your workplace clean and clutter free, and upkeep of products and items to avoid deterioration, as well as keeping the work environment safe and easy to work with.
4. Standardize: By upholding standards within the workplace be it for cleanliness and hygiene to order and upkeep, you can make sure that your productivity and efficiency is also maintained.
5. Sustain: Involves continuity of the practices and methodology by keeping things in order, which is highly possible with the TelKee lockable cabinets, products and accessories on offer, along with the processes that are recommended when using them (such as with the use of signature strips, alpha index cards, and more).